I just worked a 18 wheeler vs car driver died 3 critical kids.At th hospital I realized they wer friends I go t church with.The mother and the father of the driver and the grandparents of the 3 kids and I grew up together.I insisted on being there when they wer told about thier daughter.I am just wiped out emotionaly.The service offered to let me go home but I felt I needed to be here.
It hurts to see your friends hurting so.

Views: 155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bull that is tuffl.Don't let it hurt you if it bothers u talk to someone.This is the voice of experience.There is nothing unmanly in seeking help if u need it.I remember my first fatality it had to be 30 years ago and wish some one had told me this then
Budd, wow. Sorry you had to go thru that. I'm sure the family appreciates (or will eventually once the initial shock wears off) that you were there when they needed you the most.

Thanks for doing what you do!
I'm sorry sorry to hear this Budd, I've had friends involved in accidents that have died, but never a whole family like you had. So I feel your pain some what. Be strong and in time it'll get better, your all in my thoughts and prayers.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service