I am thinking about going overseas for wackenhut, and I was wondering if anyone could give me more information. Maybe someone that was already over there, or is there now. I would love to find someone that is already there that i could email with and ask any questions that I may come across. Any information would be a great help!

Views: 414

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi I was in Iraq with Wackenhut from may 06-may 07. Its not bad at all. Its also not what you would expect a fire house here in the states to be either. The call volume isnt that great and while you are around different types of emergencies than here in the states those type calls dont happen alot either. There is alot of certification classes to be had there and promotion through the ranks if that suits you. You will have those who are there for Certification and rank only and those people get pretty high strung. My thought while there was wake up, do your job, and get your check. You make the same if you say anything or not. Overall its a great company to work for. I chose to not go back for a second year but have thought about re joining because i miss the life style of travel and experiences you get over there. If you want email me i can share several stories and pictures from my time there. I spent time at Abu Ghraib Prison, (which is closed now) Camp Victory, and Camp Stryker.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service