Aloha everyone,

First I'd like to say thanks for the warm welcome. I know this is an old topic but i was tasked to gather information on the 48/72 work schedule.  Is there anyone out there who already switcted from the 24/24 that has information to pass on? If so I'd really appreciate it.

Mahalo

Joshua Mendiola

Views: 2838

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We do 24/48 Plus we have a Kelly day. So let's say your an A shifter. and in your work group you get Monday..This means that every time an A shift falls on a Monday you don't work. We do 10 man work groups either between houses or if your at a double house we'll figure it between the 2 pieces in that house. It's done by seniority.
So they are productively increasing less then?
or, producing less increasinly?
or, less productive increasingly?

:-D
FETC,

I understand your concern with firefighters being tired. What about when a firefighter gets mandatory overtime and ends up working 72 hours in a busy house.
Josh,

The issue I believe FETC is making is that 48 on is something continuous, whereas being ordered in to work a 72 would be a less common occurance. Secondly, if one is ordered in for a 72, they wouldn't be on the same shift, meaning there may be a chance for the person to get some downtime, vs the entire crew saying they are worn out from the previous day.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service