#1 FALLING APART
When everyting is falling apart, it is my job to remain calm and find a solution.

#2 PPE
My personal protective equipment is my life. I will wash it and clean it, as I should, because it will save my life in my time of need if I care for it.

#3 TRAIN
I will train like my life depends on it, because it does, and so does my crew.

#4 FREELANCE
I will not freelance; I am a member of a team. I will stay with my team because my team is counting on me.

#5 DRIVE
I will drive responsibly to the station and to the scene. If I do not arrive safely, I cannot help anyone.

#6 SAFETY
I will consider safety in everything I do. If I die I cannot help the person(s) in need.

#7 CHAIN
I understand the chain of command and will respect it. I will follow my incident commanders' orders and inform him/her of the outcome.

#8 LEAVE
I will NOT leave my partner in a fire building unless it is to go get help. I understand his/her life is in my hands and I will not let him down.

#9 EDUCATION
I will continually educate myself about my job. I understand things change and I must learn new ways of dealing with them.

#10 HEALTHY
I will keep myself healthy and understand my physical and mental limits.

A friend of mine, Cary Lassiter, teaches Firefighter 1 to Volunteers at the Elmore County Firefighter Training Facility in Wetumpka, Alabama. He gives this lsit to his class when they start the course. I do not know where he got it, but I like it and find it very useful, especially for new Firefighters.

Views: 278

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

FOR THE MEN - PROTECT THE BROTHERS - EVERYBODY GOES HOME - REMEMBER FALLEN BROTHERS - KEEP THE FAITH - DO THE RIGHT THING

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service