#1 FALLING APART
When everyting is falling apart, it is my job to remain calm and find a solution.

#2 PPE
My personal protective equipment is my life. I will wash it and clean it, as I should, because it will save my life in my time of need if I care for it.

#3 TRAIN
I will train like my life depends on it, because it does, and so does my crew.

#4 FREELANCE
I will not freelance; I am a member of a team. I will stay with my team because my team is counting on me.

#5 DRIVE
I will drive responsibly to the station and to the scene. If I do not arrive safely, I cannot help anyone.

#6 SAFETY
I will consider safety in everything I do. If I die I cannot help the person(s) in need.

#7 CHAIN
I understand the chain of command and will respect it. I will follow my incident commanders' orders and inform him/her of the outcome.

#8 LEAVE
I will NOT leave my partner in a fire building unless it is to go get help. I understand his/her life is in my hands and I will not let him down.

#9 EDUCATION
I will continually educate myself about my job. I understand things change and I must learn new ways of dealing with them.

#10 HEALTHY
I will keep myself healthy and understand my physical and mental limits.

A friend of mine, Cary Lassiter, teaches Firefighter 1 to Volunteers at the Elmore County Firefighter Training Facility in Wetumpka, Alabama. He gives this lsit to his class when they start the course. I do not know where he got it, but I like it and find it very useful, especially for new Firefighters.

Views: 278

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very good post.
A very nice post
These are cool!! I'm gonna post these at my station.
I think they are very good and very helpfull to new FF.
I really like the post.
GREAT!!!!
This is an awsome post
Very good! These are great posts....
Outstanding! I'll be sure to share this with all of my folks.
We have a our own version of the 10 Standard Fire Orders and 18 Watchout Points. Very similar to what Tom posted. All of these things are good - in fact at a wildfire we're directed that we must carry a checklist of the 10 and 18 at all times.

Everything on our lists is in our wildfire minimum training, so every vol here gets to go through them, the list is for us to refer to. Or as cynical me thinks, telling us to carry the list at all times means that if someone dies in a wildfire and the Coroner starts screaming, then the organisation can say 'well, we train people, we insist on them carrying a list, can we do more?' At times I think I'm a bit too cynical... But I do look at the list at times :)
I took a flashover class and the instructor told us "If you don't take care of them, They won't take care of you. These are words to live by.
Don't forget Stay Together, and RIT yourself. In other words, be your own RIT Crew.....stay out of trouble.
SGT McDonald,
Is it okay to make a poster of this to hang at the fire house?
Thanks

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service