I NEED HELP I KNOW ALL VOL DEPT HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS OF NOT ENOUGH HELP BUT MYSELF AND THE OTHER IN MY DEPT ARE OUT OF IDEAS FOR GET NEW MEMBERS AND GETTING THE TOWN HELP IF ANYONE HAS ANY INPUT THAT ME HELP PLEASE LET ME KNOW MAYBE SOMETHING WILL HELP

Views: 233

Replies to This Discussion

Our dept, has initatinted a dorm student program. the participants must be currently enrolled in the local college's fire academy or emergency medical services professions program and must maintain a B grade average. For the most part this system has been very successful at obtaining new members and usually after they graduate, they will aply to become regular full time members of our dept
This may sound kind of silly but we have had some success with it. Check the local paper or anything for local events. Football games, Church Carnivals, anything that has a group of local people attending. Take your prettiest and shinest unit out there and just set a table up in front of it. If you want, hang a sign on the truck that says something like "How would you like to drive to work in this", or "Make this your second vehicle". When someone stops to ask questions be honest with your replies on what is involved. Entry requirements, expectations etc. Some people want to vollunteer, they just dont know how to get started. Good luck
do yall have a Jr Fireman or explorer group? that is a good way to get yournger folks in the fire service.
In a department i was in till i moved we had a system were each call u made you got x amount of money toward somthing of your choice if the fire department had it. Or the ems saide you got paid @0 per call for clothing just ideas.
were are you from? ill be at ft hood in july. are you near ft hood?

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service