General Firefighting & Rescue Discussion (6,269)

Discussions Replies Latest Nation Member Activity

Election Drama in the Firehouse

It is everywhere, the continual dialogue about the election and what everyone assumes will happen and the news of protest, anger and viole…

Started by FFN WebTeam

4 Nov 22, 2016
Reply by 55 TRUCK

Ladder Trucks For Vehicle Extrication

I was wondering if any departments carry extrication tools on their ladder truck for vehicle extrication. Some departments carry the same i…

Started by ashfire

1 Nov 22, 2016
Reply by 55 TRUCK

Politics and Policy

FDNY Firefighters Told to Not Post Trump Photos in FirehousesDepartment says message is simply a reminder of current policy about politics…

Started by FFN WebTeam

0 Nov 16, 2016

Manhattan Roof Rope Rescue Video, Oct. 27, 2016

Video of the roof rope rescue during the Upper East Side apartment fire. FFN: Dramatic Roof Rope Rescue at Manhattan Fire WATCH: Video of d…

Started by FFN WebTeam

0 Oct 27, 2016

Looking for engine donation.

I am looking to find a department to donate a used engine or smaller tanker with pump and preconnected lines.  To donate to Belize Fire…

Started by Jim York

0 Oct 21, 2016

flag poles for fire apparatus

f anyone is looking for a great option for flag poles on apparatus check out this web site(flagspring.com) We use these poles on all of are…

Started by jim silva

0 Oct 16, 2016

Where were you?

Sitting here on the cusp of the 15th anniversary of 9/11 I can't help but think about where I was on that day. I was in the 4th grade and m…

Started by Dylan Goldsmith

1 Sep 9, 2016
Reply by Fireyladd - Chief Sharp

Overhaul, Wildland Firefighting

I'm looking for feedback on the Whiffs respirator.  http://www.xcaper.com/  Intended use for wildland firefighting, structural overhaul wit…

Started by Patrick Miller

0 Sep 6, 2016

Indiana POV and lights

I am a volunteer firefighter in Indiana. Therefore allowed to run blue lights on my Personally Owned Vehicle (POV)with the exception of red…

Started by Matthew Collins

2 Aug 31, 2016
Reply by Don McManis

Lorenzo Ladder? Test question need help answering

A Instructor for one of my classes though it be funny to give us a bonus question for our final exam that we can do at home. I thought it w…

Started by Jimmy Wood

14 Aug 30, 2016
Reply by captnjak

RSS

FireRescue Magazine

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2017   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service