General Firefighting & Rescue Discussion (6,272)

Discussions Replies Latest Nation Member Activity

Politics and Policy

FDNY Firefighters Told to Not Post Trump Photos in FirehousesDepartment says message is simply a reminder of current policy about politics…

Started by FFN WebTeam

0 Nov 16, 2016

Manhattan Roof Rope Rescue Video, Oct. 27, 2016

Video of the roof rope rescue during the Upper East Side apartment fire. FFN: Dramatic Roof Rope Rescue at Manhattan Fire WATCH: Video of d…

Started by FFN WebTeam

0 Oct 27, 2016

Looking for engine donation.

I am looking to find a department to donate a used engine or smaller tanker with pump and preconnected lines.  To donate to Belize Fire…

Started by Jim York

0 Oct 21, 2016

flag poles for fire apparatus

f anyone is looking for a great option for flag poles on apparatus check out this web site(flagspring.com) We use these poles on all of are…

Started by jim silva

0 Oct 16, 2016

Where were you?

Sitting here on the cusp of the 15th anniversary of 9/11 I can't help but think about where I was on that day. I was in the 4th grade and m…

Started by Dylan Goldsmith

1 Sep 9, 2016
Reply by Fireyladd - Chief Sharp

Overhaul, Wildland Firefighting

I'm looking for feedback on the Whiffs respirator.  http://www.xcaper.com/  Intended use for wildland firefighting, structural overhaul wit…

Started by Patrick Miller

0 Sep 6, 2016

Indiana POV and lights

I am a volunteer firefighter in Indiana. Therefore allowed to run blue lights on my Personally Owned Vehicle (POV)with the exception of red…

Started by Matthew Collins

2 Aug 31, 2016
Reply by Don McManis

Lorenzo Ladder? Test question need help answering

A Instructor for one of my classes though it be funny to give us a bonus question for our final exam that we can do at home. I thought it w…

Started by Jimmy Wood

14 Aug 30, 2016
Reply by captnjak

Transition Tactics vs. Aggressive Interior

Man; I remember when the big fight was over fog vs. straight stream. Now? It's about "hitting it hard from the yard" (HIHFTY) before search…

Started by Art "ChiefReason" Goodrich

7 Aug 1, 2016
Reply by Michael Piccoletti

FOAM Question

question #1  Why is there limitation of 150ft of hose past the inductor? #2 why would there little to no foam when you apply a 200ft sect…

Started by Greg Jeppson

4 Jul 24, 2016
Reply by Don Catenacci

RSS

FireRescue Magazine

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2017   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service