If I have a red card does that mean that I am at the Wildland FFT1 or Wildland FFT2 level? I know that it is the lowest certificate that I can have in Washington to get me on the fireline. If I wanted to join Helitack though, I needd the FFT1 and FFT2.

Views: 939

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What are your qualifications on the red card? If the only classes you have taken are S-130, S-190 and I-100 you would be a Wildland FFT2. This is the only qualification you can get without doing a taskbook.
I did the bare minimum in my academy to put me on the fireline. The FFT2 is what I have, so the taskbook, where can I get a hold of that for Washington State? Also, is there any web-sites that you know of that can explain this information to me? Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated
The agency that certified you for your red card should have all the information you will need on how and what you need to advance as a wildland fire fighter. Think of a taskbook as your drivers lic. test. the classes are the reading and wriiten test with the taskbook being the driving portion. If you are not with the Forest Service(they have a little different format) here is a link to the NWCG 310-1 quals. http://www.nwcg.gov/pms/docs/pms310-1.pdf

Reply to Discussion


FireRescue Magazine

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2018   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service