My helmet color discussion is better than your helmet color discussion, and we need another extrication PPE thread, too

We don't have enough competing "What does helmet color mean in your department" threads running, so I thought I'd start another one. Of course, mine is better, because it was started by, well, me. While we're on the topic, let's get off the topic and discuss whether we should wear turnout gear, wildland firefighting gear, extrication gear, or just go naked and wear Dutch wooden shoes while performing extrication. Of course, if that were a seperate thread, it would be better than all of the other "What to wear to your friendly local extrication" threads, too, because, well, I'm just in too much of a hurry to post my thread so I can't be bothered with a basic site search to see if 785 other people have previously started still-open discussions on the same topics.

So, if you have a transparent helmet, does that mean that you can't go inside burning structures unless you wear wildland gear or go naked to extrications, or what?

(Tongue planted firmly in cheek and no offense to residents of the Netherlands intended, as this thread is parody and thus legally protected by the rules of comedy.)

Views: 961

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is either WestPhilly in his now famous overhaul thong or...the Aussie offical wildland firefighting PPE summer wear. Note it's both comfortable and yet safe!

That's just sick !!!!!

Oh, and Ben, don't forget about starting another thread about quotes and sayings too, if not for yourself, then do it for all us who have never watched movies or had thoughts of our own.

Yahh,,, that's just sick......damn Jack. I don't even wanna know how you found this one. lol.
Yes and we "need" a high colonic too.....
seriously, how childish can you be!? you forgot the junior/explorer references!!!
-ish!
That's not me, my helmet is black!
Ok, Ben. How about this one. What color helmet should you wear for extrication vs. fires, and can the juniors wear one the same color as you? AND....What quote would you put on the side of it?
I read that blog and I thought some of the junior comments were off the charts! Unbelievable!!!! If someone else made that statement, well-- you know!!
Sweet, we're off topic already! Way to go, Kali!
So ask her. While you're at it, comment on the previous comments to her blog - Kali and I weren't too harsh, were we?
that's just wrong... very wrong...
Harsh? I don't think so. On the other hand I suspect that anyone that could write such tripe is genetically immune to any criticism. Like Kali said, it's about creating buzz for traffic. Or it's simply poor judgment and symptomatic of rectal-cranial inversion. It's actually a "magazine" I don't read. I guess that's where journalism majors go that were last in their community college class.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service