What kind of gear do u wear on extrication calls? A few years back we got extrication coveralls. A few of the guys wear the coveralls all the time. I myself like to wear my turnout gear (with the vest).

Views: 295

Replies to This Discussion

I like wearing the coveralls in the summer with the vest because it is cooler than the bunker gear. During the winter the bunker gear.
I WOULD LIKE TO TRY COVERALLS BUT OUR BATT CHIEF WILL NOT OK IT BECAUSE OF A POSSIBAL FIRE DURING EXTRICATION. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ?.........
wildland nomex coveralls , or bunker gear depending on temperature and hazards
How many extrications have you guys worked where the car burst into flame during the extrication?
That is a rare, rare occurance. Most MVCs that involve fire are burning when the call comes in, and most of the rest don't burn.

If you can reduce heat stress by wearing the coveralls or lighter-weight extrication coat and pants, do it!
THANK YOU BEN. THOSE ARE MY EXACT THOUGHTS BUT IAM NOT THE BATT CHIEF
that is why i like bunker gear over coveralls
Tyson, How many times have you seen a car burst into flames during an extrication?
If the answer is "zero" or a number close to it, then chances are that you're overdressing for the event if you're just doing extrication.
I used to have coveralls then my dept. purchased firedex extrication gear and everyone loves it.
there are many product lines for extrication only ppe we wear a two piece set similar to wildfire gear that is flash proof, with a blood born pathogen layer. We have found that during summer months the heat retention caused by using bunker gear is detrimental to safety, and health. granted with the right man power and IC rotating men throughout the call can help
i have been doing extrication for 22 years and not once have iv seen a car burst into flames while doing veh extrication. the people that are in charge need to realize "that just because it has always been done this way" that things change and need to continue to change.
2...got a call to a phsical mrescue a while back car hit a pole and knocked over a power line, gas + the electical sparks = big problem.
Full Structure Gear+ nomex hood +helmet! well, thats for most of the guys, the capt's and chiefs will wear their brush coats and helmet or just there helemts.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service