We just ordered 7 sets of Quaker turn outs. Does anybody here use it and how do you like it.

I hear they changed somethings since a while ago.

Views: 459

Replies to This Discussion

If it is Quaker from Pennsylvania I had a firefighter a few years back that had a set of thier gear.  The problem with the gear at the time was all of the striping on the gear was falling apart and shreading .  They covered it under warranty but it took a lot longer that I would have liked, and had expierienced with other manufatures turn around time when it came to repairs.  Since then the department I was with has stuck prety much to Globe and had good expieriences with them.  The thing to remember is that the cloth that makes your turnouts is made by about three manufactures who then send it off to Globe , Janesville, Quaker etc.  In the long run it comes down to fit and comfort of the individual firefighter, the service after the sale, and price point you can afford.  Remember though you usually get what you pay for.

Hi Good day Chris,

In behalf of my Volunteer Firefighter groups here in the Philippines namely "Dee Hwa Liong Volunteer Fire Brigade"( 15 Personnels) & "Guardians Fire & Rescue Brotherhood International Inc." (25 Personnels), would like to appeal for your help, inregarding old used fire helmets, turnout coat & Pants, gloves, hoods, fire boots, and SCBA Packs & Masks that are not in use anymore in your departments and for disposal. We appeal for them as your donation to us to be used here by our volunteer groups in responding to fire & emergency calls. Thank you & God Bless you all. Keep safe. God Bless.

Well, it's been a few months, since your original post. Now for the $100 question.

What is your opinion of the Quaker gear your department ordered?

Its heavier than our Bristol gear. But I really like the padded knees. Hasn't seen any real fire but has done an Engine Co. Ops and Truck Co. Ops. class and seems to be holding up well so far. The outer shell seems to be a better material but my chief said he should have ordered the outher outer shell on the bristol and we'd been ok.

Thanks Chris

We are looking for a less expensive alternative than the Morning Pride we are currently using.

But we do not want to sacrifice safety just to save money. Quaker is just one of the brands we are looking at.

Cool

Our Quaker gear has a TTP rating of 38.6 I called Quaker and asked and she told me right away it was cool. I think we got Boston Spec. gear I'll have to ask my chief to confirm.

We have the Quaker Advance

Chris,

We had that gear here as well, within 5 years the velcro became unstitched as well as the reflective trim on the arms and legs of the bunker pants. We do not have alot of structure fire here, so it wasnt from being overworked.

Thaqnks Jim I'll keep an eye on mine!

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service