I thought we need a separate topic for these.
This is the first full week of firearms season in CT. I took the week off from work for this. Hunted state land where DEP had been cutting trees 1-2 years ago. Didn't see squat except for a line of rubs on the way out. Poured Tuesday, the guy who was going with me wussed out, didn't want to catch cold. Tuesday night, we all got together to chat. On the way home 3 does crossed the road in front of me. I had to hit the brakes not to hit the first one. The next day (Wed) I was sitting in another cutting. Another friend who got his 4 pointer Saturday. Walked around to push the deer out. It worked. I shot a doe (legal in CT) that he had pushed out of the mountain laurel toward me. Not a big one, but it breaks the drought I had been having. Its at the butcher now. I will probably go out tomorrow to drive for 2 other friends. TJC

Views: 110

Replies to This Discussion

We took a trip to West Virginia and stayed two weeks. I have some property up there and always take a couple of guys from the station. I killed three does and this is what my buddies killed. We brought home 15 deer between the 5 of us. Not a bad trip this will give me enough meat for a while.
Attachments:
On Fathers day 2008 I got too do a little fishing with my dad in Florida about 30 miles of the panhandle I managed to catch some nice size Grouper and some Red Snapper . They were very tasty also Notice the Fillets with my hand next to them for size comparison. =YUMMY
Attachments:
i got my first 8 point i got it on opening day in new york
Attachments:

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service