I really enjoy the fire service and EMS. So many good experiances and some not so good but I have learned to drop them at the bay doors. We live in a small town and I have been there for friends and neighbors when they have been in need. What about you? what are some of your good stories>

Views: 99

Replies to This Discussion

let see my good stories in the Fire Dept are i have been have a great time learning all of the ropes to get ready for my live burn class the guy have been help me and not gave me a hard time at all. I live in a small town to and a few time that a call has came in to the station it has been my hundand with Diabetes progam i thank the good lord that all of the times that we have pick him up i was in the Station drills.

Valerie Crawford
The many thanks I got by people whether by words or a squeeze of the hand and a whispered thank you in the back of the rig by a patient with an 02 mask on. The plaques and awards are always a nice touch as well. Just makes you want to do more.
Honestly The best thing that has happened to me so far in the fire service is the fact that I am truely one of the guys.
I hated it, at first because I felt I was being babied. Most of the guys wouldn't let me touch something if it looked heavy or I'd get too dirty doing something. Once I started at the fire academy some of the guys at the station started helping me with some of the skills and realized I wasn't helpless. Now I don't think they even remember that I'm a female.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service