Hello All! I have just moved to Delaware, and am looking to get involved with Fire and EMS over here. The trouble I am having is that my certificates are in Colorado. So, I need to take a EMT-B refresher in order to get my national registry, and for my FF1 certificate, I need to take an IFSTA approved Hazmat class...Any help with locating these courses would be helpful! I have been in Fire/EMS/ And search and recue for 7 years now, and would hate to lose my certificates at this point in the game! lol I currently am in Rehoboth... Thanks for any help!

Views: 125

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Join a volunteer company in Delaware...they will pay for you to get HAZMAT and your EMT refresher through Delaware State Fire School in Dover. Each company keeps a sign up sheet posted in the firehouse with signups for different classes. You may find other classes your interested in also...my company is just down the road from Lewes....between Ellendale and Milton....we are Slaughter Beach. My dad is also a dispatcher for Sussex County 911....if you have any other questions just write back to me on my page.
Also have to add that Delaware has a program for wildfires where you take a course and a pack test and they send you out West to wildfires 14 days at a time...you earn about $1200 bucks a tour.....you can take as many tours as you want....you dont have to be a member of a fire co to take the class either.....the next class will be held in January.
Hey Cory..was just wondering if you had a name of the organization...I don't need the class as i have been wildland since 98, but would like to know how to get onto a crew around here...any info would be great thanks!!

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service