Hi our membership is down and the ones we do have won't train or respond on runs. I am just checking to see if anyone has any suggestions on recruiting and retaining members?

Views: 128

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry to get back to you way late. My name is Matt Flora, I was not apart of the founding members of the B.L.P.S. however i have been a member since its first stage as a group. We found the best way to get people to volunteer is make a video, and hit all of your schools, train them young!!!! If you need ideas, just check the B.L.P.S. video.

-Matt
well we have a vollenteer dept. of 36 people and we get about half of those guys to show up at any call. one of the things we do to get people to show up to the trainings is pay the guys for the training. we are not paid for runs. i know some fire departments cant afford this but it works. another thing on how to get and keep responders is the make them feel at home at the fire dept. when i first joined the chief took me on a tour then he set me down with the captains and our saftey officer and we just bullshited until all the rest of the guys got there. i guess what im tring to say is that they made the extra effort to make me feel at home. last point as for responding to calls, you just got to get your guys to love doing it.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service