What kind of turn out gear do you all use?
Mine is :
-Body-Guard coat and pants.
-Cairns Metro 660C helmet
-Black Diamond leather boots
-nomex

Views: 1038

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Haix station wear boots are the only way to go...
I do like the Hiax boots...they are not stationwear boots, but I think they are very comforatable. i have the inserts in the bottom for more support, so they are even more comforatable then they normally would be. At first I didnt think I was going to like them, I am a Thorogood kind of guy...but from now on, it will be Hiax
I do like the Hiax boots...they are not stationwear boots, but I think they are very comforatable. i have the inserts in the bottom for more support, so they are even more comforatable then they normally would be. At first I didnt think I was going to like them, I am a Thorogood kind of guy...but from now on, it will be Hiax
Janesville coat and pants, Haix boots, Protech 8 structural gloves, Seco-gear extrication gloves, nomes, Paul Conway helmet.

Quaker coat and pants

Cairns N5A New Yorker (yellow...I'm an LT now just got back today from Cairns for repaint)

Dragon Fire gloves

Fire Dex leather boots

Majestic Hood ( Carbon Blend)

Innotex bunker gear.  N5A helmet.  Cosmas leather boots.  Majestic nomex.  And ISI Viking 7. 

mechanics gloves and generic structure gloves.

Janesville Super Deluxe coat and pants

Pro Warrington Boots

Pro-Tec 8 gloves

Majestic Hood (Carbon)

Cairns New Yorker

Career FD: Black Globe X-Treme bunkers, Cairns 1044, carbon fiber hood, Haix Leather boots, and Protech Fusion gloves. MSA FireHawk

#1 POC FD: PBI Gold Quaker Bunkers, Chieftan Traditional, P-84 Lenzing hood, Pro-Warrington leather boots, Protech 8 gloves, Scott AP50

#2 POC FD: PBI Gold Morning Pride bunker pants, PBI Gold Globe bunker coat, Cairns 1010, carbon fiber hood, Globe Leather Boots, generic brand firefighting gloves, MSA FireHawk

Instructor Gear: Morning Pride Black PBI FDNY Spec bunkers, Morning Pride Ben 2, carbon fiber hood, Black Diamond leather boots (new style), Protech Fusion Gloves, Scott 4.5

I am a living breathing test site for turn-out gear, gloves, boots, helmets, and scba!!

I would rate the Globe and the Morning Pride as my favorites.  Although given the choice I would go back to Bristol turn out gear in a heart beat.     

- Morning Pride Bunker Gear
- Morning Pride (Ben II) Helmet
- Scott Air Pack
- Honeywell Nomex
- Ranger Boots

Jonathan,

How do you like the Honeywell helmet?  I have only seen 1 and had it on my head for a brief moment.  It seemed VERY light.

Im really enjoying it so far Don. I have the pull down visor on it but you can switch it out with the flip down visor if thats what you prefere. Its a good weight not to heavy on the head and the quality is top notch.

Veridian Turnouts in Black

Cairns 660 Metro Helmet

Protech 8 Gloves

Thorogood Rubber Boots

Scott NxG2 SCBA

Don not like the Veridian gear, it is cheap and doesn't last. We will be looking at Globe/Cairns next time around.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service