What is your favorite movie (leadership themes)? especially true stories that you learn and inspire you to lead, making a difference and so on. This movie shows the struggle of training, overcoming obstacles, winning the hearts and minds of your men and accomplishing the mission.

modified post: : 052709
Okay.... guys..

I would like to add modify my original post.... Sometimes movies did not show the training part...but shows the end result of hard work, discipline and so on.

Thanks Tony.

Views: 660

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Reg
Glory

The right stuff

Hehe, those are two great movies about leadership.
Jason I was hoping somebody will post this movie.... GLORY that's my favorite movie ! I saw that movie way back when I was a Cadet Officer candidate when I was in highschool. That's a great leadership theme.
Patton was a fantastic movie. One of my all time favorite movies.
Yeah, one example from being Jerk General at the beginning ... "old blood and Guts " one soldier remarked on the movie "yeah his guts ..... and our blood" but later on the movie after some reprimands and being on a floating status... He changed to a great General with the help of his Academy underclassman friend turned boss, General Omar Bradley. (He is also a great leader too). Punching a hole at the frontline from Normandy to the famous battle of the bulge.... I've watched that movie too.....Thanks Jason.
They actually showed "We Were Soilders" as part of a Fire Officer I Certification class I took during the Leadership module. If you pause the movie at several different points you can identify different styles of leasership. Pretty cool.
cool... Thanks Jim for the post.

Seems the trend of this thread is majority is "We were Soldiers" to be the best example of a film on leadership.

Still my personal favorite :

GLORY, I would like to share this link on the training part : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL1Wi8WhvzA

54th Massachusetts Regt. starts to assault on Fort Wagner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2c_BvVBd-Q&feature=PlayList&...

For those who don't know the movie... i'm not gonna tell you what happen to Col. Shaw (Matthew Broderick).

Guys thank you for the post... keep it coming....
Forever
Gettysburg....it has a ton of leadership lessons from the good to the bad. In fact the entire Civil War is full of them if you ever need a lesson you can always look to that.
THE best leadership movie in my opinion is Fire on the 13th floor the captain holding the men in place and making them give full effort to find the people trapped inside
Yup, thats very true. my favorite is Gettrysburg, by the guy Lt. Col Chamberlain, and another movie God's and General - Gen. "Stonewall" Jackson
I've just watched recently... the movie K19 starring Harrison Ford as the Russian Captain. It's pretty difficult to win over the respect of your crew especially the first impression was not good. (at first he is like a jerk).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service