Out of all the many careers choices, opportunities and rewarding experiences, would you want your son or daughter to become a firefighter?  

Firefighting is one of the most self less jobs around.  It takes loyalty and trust that is hard to find in any other career.  If your son or daughter said that they wanted to be firefighters, would you say "Absolutely!"

Views: 1164

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lord love a duck.......

I would never leave my mate behind for any reason..... Sedate me before making me leave my mates.....
Where he goes I go.....
Looks like it was deleted because it was BS.

None of it made sense to me from the very first post, which since I am new here, tried to restate what she was stating without sounding too doubting without coming off like an ass. (well, at least so far, just wait) But, she never replied.

I was trying to find something before I posted the link to her alleged fire brigade\whatever and could find nothing. My first thought was how could you post something like that while he is missing. Second thought was how could you get back to the station before realizing he was missing. It was all downhill from there. I tried some searching right away to give her the benefit of the doubt thinking maybe they haven't told the media yet because they don't know anything, but nothing made sense.

I would hope the staff at FFN would just ban that "person" because that was not in the slightest bit humorous and downright sick at best.
I think we should let her explain before banning. There has to be a good solid reason. I know I am a softy.... I would hope that she would come back on and clear this up.
That's fine, although I would bet it's a waste of time and energy for all involved.

FWIWI, here's the link to her alleged department's incidents.

Nothing mentioned about a fire in a 16 story building or missing FF.

http://www.hifrs.org/LatestIncidents
sad....
Mark, I thought you did an excellent job. By the end of her run on this, she was a tad billigerent. I believe it is because we didn't all join in on her drama.

Patti, you are a very nice person to be so kind. I, however - in a situation such as this - am not (just ask Chief France!).

A man is missing/down, no one is going to be grabbing their iPhone or Blackberry to post it. They are grabbing tools and following IC's orders while praying for their buddy.
I don't care what if anything they do to her....let her be with all I care...but any credibility she had is gone now and to me will never be regained...she broke the faith.....
Yes I would.As My Father & Grandfather's have to their children before.And actually I already have said Yes to My 8 & 4 year olds.Plus My 9 year old has already showed,that she has it in her aswell,by saveing a mother cat and her kittens,by bringing them into her home from outside on a damp and raining 30 degree night.So My Answer Would Deffenitly Be Yes,because knowing that if I said No,they'd probibly be doing it anyway. :) I just hope they realize that it has become a family tradition,and that they are Generation #6.An I will give thier children my blessing as well.
I raised three daughters, and never actually thought about any of them becoming a firefighter. Two are working toward becoming a RN like my wife and the middle daughter just graduated from UCSB with a degree in Environmental Science. Through one of my contacts she was offered and accepted a beginning salary field job that starts out at just $55,000 per year but will increase over time.

I personally think my kids, being women will have more earning power and job longevity working in the medical or environmental health professions, not firefighting. I also find it ridiculous for a woman who wants to have children to consider working as a firefighter. The chemical insults from exposure plays havoc with our bodies, and the future will unfortunately show us when more studies and stats are collected that I am not wrong here.

Women have more body fat than men, and as a result of bioaccumulation, actually store the invisible unburned radicals, benzenes, aromatic hydrocarbons, amines, etc. in the fat. This is why we are seeing the cancer rates skyrocket in women.

You can argue whether the numbers are accurate but let us get back to the question... and answer... NO, I would not want one of my children being exposed to the things I have been exposed to. My health has suffered and why would I wish that on one of my own?

CBz
I, like any other caring, responsible parent on here, will support my children in whatever career path they choose. But it has to be because they want to do it.
I would love it if my son or daughter decided to become a firefighter!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service