i have been on this site for a month and all i have seen from some fire fighter that thay dont wont us around as exploers all thoght thay dont know how much we help them

Views: 256

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's not that the firefighters don't like the explorers, it's that the some explorers on this website dont know how to word or phrase things without thinking abouut it first. Most of the firefighters on FFN have been around the fire service for many of years and know what they are talking about. The explorers (I am one of them) need to think before they speak (in this case type). That is what frustrates the senior members. The explorers also have to give respect and not argue with the other members. They have to listen and think about what the firefighters have to say.

Lima Volunteer Fire Department
Explorer Post 4029
JRFF 18E
Davin
Davin I know that there are 2000 explorers just like you,and they need to speak up as you have. I and most of my brothers are only too glad to answer your well thought out and written questions. You do the explorers proud.
Hey Ralph I got her back she likes my motorcycle better than that old car!!!
Attachments:
you obviously get it... and do you know what is going to happen to you if you... "keep on getting it?"...

you get a badge!

keep up the awesome attitude and situational awareness,

CBz
"Me tarzan, you jane... grunt..." any chance you might consider taking the time to fully write out your thoughts and/or replies? You might consider not communicating here like a text message. I suppose this is one of the things that frustrates the older firefighters on this site.

and...

why do the fire fighters not like exploers

explorer definition
ex·plorer (-ər)
noun
a person who explores; esp., one who explores an unknown or little-known region
a person, under the age of 18, that inspires to be a firefighter, commonly called FFJR's

CBz
Yo now ceebeezzzzz this aint fair dog like this homie is tryn to be real fo sho now why dont you just gow down to the hissee and kick it with those uder guys that made it past the 6 grade

Thanks your friend still I hope

L Dog
I`ll tell you why they don`t like some.Some of them like I used to wrote stupid posts that didn`t make any sence at all.Now I realize that if I want to know something I will ask one of my officers or a firefighter that knows what they hell they are doing.But for now on I don`t right dumb stuff and I think I will be a better firefighter then what some of these people think because I understand what its all really about.
I`ll tell you why they don`t like some. Some of them like I used to write stupid posts that didn`t make any sence at all. Now I realize that if I want to know something I will ask one of my officers or a firefighter that knows what they heck they are doing. But for now on I don`t right dumb stuff and I think I will be a better firefighter then what some of these people. Because I believe that understand what its all really about.

I figured I would help you out here since your a good kiddo.
I"ll give you my opinion on why there is little to no respect given to explorers/junior FF.

1. Total disregard for the written language. I'm a terrible speller, and life without spell check is miserable. But I try to get it right. Capitol letters, punctuation are important. I had dinner last night with some long time friends. One of their daughter's has recently started a job that requires editing. She was bemoaning tha fact that the majority of their writers were young and submitted their copy in 'texting'. It just doesn't cut it.

2. A lack of respect on the explorers part towards the veteran FF. " thay dont know how much we help them ". Most seasoned FFs don't need your help. You need their help to mature into the firefighter you want to become. My first badge wearing gig was as an explorer. I was there to learn, nothing more. It was the best learning opportunity I ever had and was the basis for everything I learned later on in my career.
I agree Kali. Problem there was the solution proposed has nothing to do with the problem asked, but despite the posts stating otherwise, the issue was not learned by the individual in question.

I also have a problem with explorers and juniors coming onto an open forum and saying how they are allowed to do FF and fireground ops, despite repeated discussion against. What some of these kids need to realize is there is a much bigger world out there than just what their dept does.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service