When I started out years ago,we still had a couple of demand model MSA packs.We had Survivair Sigmas for the past 14 years and just upgraded last week to Sperian Warriors.Just curious as to who uses what brands and likes and dislikes of any of them.

Views: 2262

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We use MSA 's . Thats all we have ever used so I know nothing about other scba's. But I like them. Hope this helps?
MSA all the way.

Those Scott packs are a pain. It's too easy to confuse those metal jacketed hoses with an entanglement hazard in confined areas and the built-in PASS devices make for one less thing to worry about. It's also a great deal easier to hook up a second air supply (i.e. RIT pack) to an MSA than a Scott.
My department uses Scott, though we are looking to transfer to the ISI Viking series... Doing a bit of reasearch online shows who has the best pack, that's why I sell them! In Australia I used to wear the Sabre model packs which were archaic in comparison to what we have here, wasn't a fan...
Scott 4.5......45 minute bottles (Fiber bottles)
John....its not a problem if your Scott pack has the EBSS system....and if you train with it.....and yes the Scott's have built in PASS....
We've got MSA's on every rig except our main engine, it's got Firefox's? I think that's what they're called...
MSA. all we have ever used, I have not used any other brand of scba.
My old department had the old 2216 steel bottle Scott with the supply and demand regulator. Then they swithced to MSA. Now our entire county has switched to MSA 4500 composit bottle with the intergraded pass alarm built into the air gauage. Had this for a while now. Alot of the guys like Scott.
survivair panthers 2216
Hay Valley VFD uses Survivair packs along with Sperian Warriors
ISI Vikings which Im not a fan of they eat up batteries so fast.
Scott 4.5

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service