What is the Oldest Fire Apparatus You Have In Service In Your Department?

In the department I belong, we have a 29 year old American LaFrance Ladder Truck. You would never know that by looking at it, and it is still in great machanical shape as well.

Views: 4377

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1959 howe fire truck
1985 Ward 79 Limited Tanker
2- 1989 Suphen pumpers

87 Mack/Newlexington 2500 gal. tanker.
we've got a 1981 engine. We don't use it very much but its there if we need it.
1985 Seagrave Pumper, I am fairly sure it gets replaced next year
1915 Hallock Engineering (Cleveland) Chemical Fire Truck on a 1914 Ford Chasis donated to the Lakewood Hose Company by James Packard who had a summer mansion here on Chautauqua Lake. It was the first motorized fire truck in this part on New York State and is stilll the pride of our fllet. It's housed in the museum we added to our new station when we moved in 1995 . Totally refurbished and runs like new. Our oldest unit in service is our 1990 LTI 100 ft arial.
we have a 1972 pierce arrow equipted with a 75 foot snorkel that we bought from hackettstown in excellent shape.it was refurbished in 1992 to enclose the cab and update the communications and lighting system.We also run a 1973 International Scout built by pierce as a first due brush unit.everything is original and the clutch is still in decent shape,i had it out yesterday!
Our oldest appratus is an 1985 Gruman Fire Cat , 1,000GPM pump, 750 tank, International chassie.
The equipment still passes all tests; pump test and other related test with excellent results. It will be replaced with new arial truck plus a new engine soon.
Our oldest rig is a 1977 Ford pumper.
The oldest is a 1964 Dodge A body Truck. it is our 2ooo gal tanker. The pump on it is run by a 72 VW bug engine. Both are old. But they will start on the first turn of the key.
We run a pair of 1952 Willys M38 brush units. We are upgrading the second one to an electronic ignition at this time. We changed the other one about ten years ago.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service