What is it like to be a firefighter i want to know cause when i get out of High School I'm going to join Boston Fire or my Home town fire department  I chase fire truck since i was 5 all ways wanted to be a firefighter

Views: 522

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

im not going in to the military
You had to decide for yourself what will it be "like". If you want to become a professional firefighter think about this:
1. Do you want to do it for money ?
2. Sacrifice family life ?
3. Do you want to become a winner in everything what the profession can offer ?
4. Are you willing to take orders from someone even if you know it is the wrong thing to do?
5. Do you have the following qualities: Unselfish, Courageous, Initiative, Discipline, alert and dedicated.

No job or a profession that you decide to do in life is the perfect one. If you are around positive people you will love the job even the person who clean blocked severs will have satisfaction in his life.
It was my dream that one of my children will follow in my footsteps not one of them is willing to offer everything up to serve strangers and prevent buildings from collapsing. Remember whatever you want to do after school, "think before you act"
1. Do you want to do it for money ? im not for the money

2 i will Sacrifice my life to save some one else

3 i dont want to be a winning in every thing

4 yes i am willing to take orders

5 i do have the following qualities

7 It runs throw my blood
Its tough and demanding. You go into places hotter than hell. Most of the time you can't see your hand in front of your face. Sleep is frequently interrupted. its stressful, tiring, dangerous, and no one here would give it up.
Cool, then you need the guts to face the reality in life real fires where property are destroyed and you must deal with emotions, accidents where there is amputations you walk on brain of 3 year old boy and must save the parents and when they ask you how is the child you had to lie to them because they are critical and will not take the emotional shock. You are still young start to study now, don't wait till end of school period. Why do I give you advice, I start when I was 17 years old are 55 now and done all the homework already, you will notice that a lot of people like to give advice but never experience the real thing yet. Point No 3 you must have the ability to be a winner at all times, if you fail and there is a lot of failures in my own life you stand up and try to win the next time. Oh Yes, I nearly forgot to most embarrassing thing for males, "Cowboys don't Cry" that is what men say If you cannot cry forget it you will suffer I cry plenty times sometimes when you do CPR on a clinical dead person and all the vital organs start working again, that is joy.
Sometimes you cry with strangers because you have compassion for their lost. Go for it we have only one life to live on earth we get it for free make use of every second and don't waste it.
i do have the guts and passion for the job .. 3 i thought u meant be a winner like do every thing and not your fellow Fire fighters
i dont have no Volunteer fire near me i wish there was

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service