It is my belief that Television was the beginning of the end of society today. Before TV families had to sit around and get to know each other. People had there priorities inline bills, family, chores....

What do you think the downfall of society today is?

Views: 340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm sitting here scratching my head. I have read through four pages of back-and-forth and still wonder how the f--- this discussion is germane to firefighting?

Maybe next time post a similar discussion in another area like the Off Duty forum, or better yet another web site where you might find other people that might support your viewpoint - or perhaps even care.
lol I dont like or dislike you

I dont expect everyone to agree with me

I have just noticed over the past month or so you dont agree with very many people and you like jumping down peoples asses

Oh and I survived because Im good at what I do
I take sarcasm with a grain of salt

But even though you think I dont like you I do appreciate your input. Every one can learn somthing from everyone.
thank you for your input Ralph

Joe sorry I thought I put it On the off duty thanks
well im not presuming anything about you Kali

I way let go yes that is true for being arrested for DWI not convicted

I didnt realize that I was being vulgar and insulting

In fact I think i have been nice since you were making fun of a good friend just because he didnt like society today
Jared, curious; how is speaking on a cell phone (in a restaurant) any different than conversing with a person or persons at the table? Rude maybe for the person at the table but why would it matter to you to whom a customer is speaking?
Jim;
So then is we round up all of the liberals and imprison/execute them all will be well?
Oh and by the way, the ones lately yelling and screaming (at "town hall meetings") have NOT been "liberals."
Just trying to keep things level here.
"...he was a higher up in a very profitable company."
Sounds to me like he was financially secure enough to dissociate himself from 'society'. It doesn't sound peaceful or utopian but rather resentful and misanthropic.
i think it was more of a going back to his roots thing
its ok Carlos this isnt a firefighter thing. So I dont mind if people dont want this on this forum.
Overall, society has changed; we have had huge advancements in technology that have benifited mankind, but some that have also detracted from mankind as well. I do believe that video games are not the best invention for society, kids don't seem to go outside as much, are eating more junk food while playing these systems and are becoming our diabetic calls of tomorrow. That being said I do think that they have there place like teaching hand eye cordination; but the key ,as with everything is moderation.

I grew up in a very rural community where everyone new there neighbor and we helped each other out when in need, and I would love to get back to living that way but as an earlier poster said i have to commute to work and provide for my family. I can appluad the guy that moved back to "his roots"; however, I personally believe the living without basic essentials is a bit far, electricity and running water while a part of "society'" are great things to utilize.

Different does not mean worse, but it also does not mean better.

TCSS
I agree. Yes TV has made us more aware of what is going on in the world, and taken away our awareness of what is going on in our own neighborhoods. Many times we do not even know our neighbors. On growing up I would visit the family,
play with cousins, etc. now many of us do not see the other except at funerals, or sometimes weddings. The other issue
with TV is what they say you like. So called reality programs, and sitcoms that degrade humanity. We allow this.
Where is the fun of playing outside till you were forced in. Even the insects didn't seem to bother. Now we have to worry on preditors, the favorite game, what we are told we need to buy to keep up. Could go on for much longer but---
Who cares?
I am sitting FIRST in line, got my tent pitched, my sleeping bag turned down, my wireless laptop, cellphone and Ipod and MREs so I can be the FIRST to get Firefighter Monopoly.
Come to think of it, I am the ONLY one in line. With all the buzz...
Wait; what was that?
Pre-order?
So, who gets the first one? You know; with the 0000000001 serial number and letter of authenticity?
What the...
Man; Society sucks.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service