Two Buffalo New York Firefighters have died LODD in a Structure fire ..apparently fell thru the floor of a commercial store and were trapped..recovery ops are still under way Fire is on Genesee Street near Bailey Ave,..started at 4 am ...report of a person trapped....
Please keep the firefighters,the dept ,Families..Oh Hell all of us in your prayers..

Thanks to ALL who sent condolences ..I will NOT be following this so reat assured that The Buffalo Fire Department is Grateful for your concerns and expressions of sympathy.

Now the Hard job of comforting the Families ...at home and in the Fire Stations..

and please look at this Tragedy as what it is..Two Firefighters putting their lives on the line for their fellow Man,

Views: 228

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe should leave it for people that Know you...
The On-scene command and recovery is progressing ANOTHER Sad day for the Buffalo,New York FD and All firefighters World wide..we all hurt a lot when one of us dies...

apparently a Lt.and a firefighter were the LODDs..........
This is a very sad thing! My thoughts and prayers go out to the family's.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Buffalo Fire Department and their families.
Rest in Peace, Lt.Charles McCarthy and FF Jonathan Croom . B.F.D. Last alarm 8/24/09
i heard about that and its very sad those guys are true hero`s for taking there lifes while on duty
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family's of our fallen brothers!!
Rest in Peace, brothers. You've earned it.
Buffalo's firefighting community are family, whether paid or volunteer. I am thinking tonight of the families. My dad joined our local volunteer dept before I was born; when he went exempt he had 55 years. I used to beg to go along and he'd let me stay in the car and watch, except for the calls he knew might not be appropriate for me to see. Then there is my husband, firefighter in the same company. Many years ago the chief gave the order to blast the airhorns because he saw the roof starting to collapse. My husband was inside the building. My husband's dad also is a volunteer, and to round things out, my grandpa was Commissioner of Bflo Police. I've always known we were blessed, even as our family suffered through unexpected family deaths. Do you all remember the line from 9/11? Firefighters run in when everyone else is running out. I'm comforted to see the comments here. I think all of Western NY State is grieving.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service