ok i know i posted a similar one in relation to the condition of female firefighters turnout gear but this one is more geared to juniors in general.
is your gear not your size or already worn out?
does this interfere with your trainings?
thanks
JEssica

Views: 619

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

they should feel like kings! we have people on my dept.that have been in for like almost 10 years and they are just getting thier own set of fitted gear and its because of our grant. --the way it worked was the main interior guys and the chiefs got the nwe gear everyone else is getting it slowly, with the price of it my dept. can only afford about 2 pair(bunkers & coat) at a time. so its going really slow! im an interios now amd my gear is WAY outdated so i got moved up a little on the list but i havny got moved up enough to get sized or anything yet
no it dont.
All i have to say is if your department issues turnout gear to the junior members you are lucky. When i was a junior member and even still today we were issued bright orange jumpsuits. We did of course get helmets, boots and gloves, but the juniors still look like "convicts" The only thing close to turnouts that the juniors get are a set of wildland gear for the summer months. I will say when i was bumped up to full firefighter status about 4 years ago i was issued a set of turnouts that was about a year old at the time and had not been used very often, i was not measured for a set until a few months ago when i got a brand new set that fits, which i have to got say is strange,im not used to clean new gear.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service