Training officers, I've got a idea that could help you with your trainings. I'm considering starting a webpage for fire training officers. I am looking for your input if this is a stupid idea or something you would likely utilize.

How often do you sit down to make a training outlines, PowerPoint, instructor resources for learning a topic (articles, books, internet links)?

Is this time consuming and you wish there was an easier way?

What if you could have a well-known instructor make the instructor tools, data, Power Point and hands on or table top drill ideas for you?

All you do is log into a website and choose from 100's of topic training resources written by top authors and instructors in our line of work.  Click on the topic you choose and you get a PowerPoint, instructor manual, Hands on drill or table top exercise outlines for each topic. There would be a small fee charged for each topic to cover costs of web hosting and author pay.

Let me know your thoughts. I believe there are a lot of positives about this and a few negatives.

However I'm looking for your thoughts.

Is this something you would use?

If so how many times a year would you utilize a web site like this?

Any other ideas or constructive criticism?

Your help is appreciated! Thank you.  

Views: 372

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think that several of the current websites have pretty good materials and training ideas available.  Having them all in one spot would be a great time saver.  As an instructor and chief, I believe that each instructor needs to put some effort into prep and delivery of the subject for it to be worthwhile.  "Canned" classes are nice but won't fit every departments need and style. 

As a training officer on a volunteer department who doesn't have a ton of experience outside the classroom that would be a big help. I have a co-officer who does a great job but I would love to be able to help him more. Having easily accessible ideas all in one spot would would be a great help.

Thank you for your replies guys! Great feedback!

I'd be all for this, as it's mentioned there are several sites, but to point and click one, would be great!

I love finding sites like this that have so much firefighter training content all in one place!

Brennan,I think that would be a good idea.As a Training Officer in Papua New Guinea's only FIRE & RESCUE Service which is goverment funded, I think what you will be doing will relieve me from the troubles of meeting deadlines thus saving time and so forth.Keep up with what you are doing as I will be checking on you from time to time.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service