i am just posting some things that were said or asked to me that i thought were funny ... feel free to add your own..
1 . (fire is self venting from the second floor window on a three story multiple dwelling brownstone) this intoxicated gentleman asks me "are you guys really going to go in there?"
2. a woman once asked me who is in charge of filling the hydrants because the one in front her house is empty...
3.(while climbing to the roof of the fire building via aerial ladder i was told "the fire is inside .. not on the roof..."
4. our company placed elevators in fireman service. when the elevators opened at the lobby a lady told me the werent working properly and i would have to take the stairs..
5. do we really need to use lights and sirens at 5 am. ?
6. forcing entry to a taxpayer fire using a power saw and a metal blade to cut the locks off the roll down gates . i was told by the owner you should have called i would have brought the keys......i only live 15 mins away...
7.forcing a door conventionally(axe and halligan) for a food on the stove the guy passed out drunk on the couch told me ....you didnt have to break down the door all you would have had to do was knock...mind you the door was steel door steel jamb and had multiple locks it took us about 45 seconds to get through this door and we were banging alot to get a purchase.
8.flipped over auto extrication the lady pinned in the car tells me ''dont wreck the car its all i have"
9.''why is there so much water in my aparment''? ...the tennent below the fire apartment...
10. "where is the chief? " i reply "the guy with the white hat"... "well that doesn't help ..what am i supposed to do lift everones helmet and look for a white hat?"
11. checking the adjoining building for extention we were told that the fire was in the other building...
12.when asked many questions about my TDA by a curious teen ...when he was told the top speed was only 65 mph... he stated "my mustang could totally dust that truck..."
13. my truck was flagged over by a guy on the highway whos car was on fire ... he told the chief he wanted to file a complaint because all we did was watch it burn instead of putting it out (it was way past a can job on arrival)
14.how tall is your ladder? 100 ft i answer.. did you ever climb to the top of it?.. um .. yes every time i use it i answered..
15. the door is locked are you guys going be able to get in? asked to us by a police officer .
16. if the stuck elevator is on the tenth floor how do you get up there?...... ummm stairs i replied
17. how come all of you have to go food shopping ? cant you just send one guy with the truck? ...and if there is i call ? i asked ...the lady answered "he would meet you there " she said proudly.... i replied and how would we get there?
feel free to post your own funny questions comments stay low stay calm stay safe - john
<![if !IE]>▶<![endif]> Reply to This