There is a totally awsome group on facebook called, PLEASE MOVE OVER FOR THE BIG RED ENGINE!!!. Here is the link
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=1792713082...
I would strongly and greatly thank all of you who decide to join, great firefighter talk there. Thanks again.
T. Bowers

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

will do :)
I always thought it was state law to move over for emergency vehicles. Maybe that's just here in Indiana. We use blue lights on our POV and that is asking for the right of way. They aren't demanding it. But along the interstates here there are even signs telling you to move over for emergency vehicles.
Even emergency vehicles?
Man that sucks. We can actually have dispatch get ahold of PD if a car passes us while running lights and sirens if we have a plate number. If the cops can't find the vehicle, I think they send a ticket in the mail. I think.
I don't understand why they do that either.
I have a bumper sticker on my van that says "Sirens and Lights Move To The Right" I use to have another one that showed symbols of emergency vehicles and said something about "Yield To Them All"
I think the public needs reminders out there. We now have the don't text while driving ads. What about ads to yield to emergency vehilces or move left or slow when passing parked emergency vehicles or incidents.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service