Oklahoma Highway Patrol releases dash cam video from the Trooper vs. EMS incident

The video seems to support the EMS crew's version of the events.

Note that after the trooper cleared from the scene with the local sheriff's department, he ran a stop sign while going after the ambulance.

Views: 369

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We do not pull over due to situations from the past. Sometimes the patient you are transporting is the target of violence. And you don't know for certain that there is a police officer behind the wheel of that patrol car. Police cars can be stolen also.

And just because they are the police doesn't afford them privelage above the law. Anyone can be charged with a felony for keeping a Paramedic from giving and delivering a patient to definitive care.

I have shown this video and the first one that came out to my brothers, who are both police officers, and they can't believe what they saw. Both agreed the trooper was out of line and brought more harm than good to this situation.
I am appalled at the way the trooper had acted. The patients outcome could have been worse due to the delay, but thank God it wasn't. I am very pleased with the way the medic kept his professionalism the whole time. I give him alot of credit.
From my perspective after I don my "Law Enforcement Hat", the easiest solution would have been for both parties to meet up at the hospital, or back at quarters to work it out... The ambulance didn't in my opinion fail to yield.

The medic only further cranked up a hot cop, who obviously took any verbal comments as "Contempt of Trooper", which led him to do what he did.

I don't know about the penal code in Oklahome, but I DO know that the definition of custody is "That time when a reasonable person would believe that he is not able to leave." IE when his freedom was limited by the laying on of hands, then the choke hold, I would say that the medic had been "In Custody". Once in custody, it is not acceptable practice to "Unarrest" someone, and the procedure would have dictated that the medic be transported and processed. Obviously there was some second thoughts about the underlying probable cause here, which is why the case was referred to the DA for finding.
Obvious disrespect to EMS workers, victim and the victims family. I would have to say that he ran up on the squad pretty quickly.
sure looks to me that the ambulance yeilded in short order if that was not fast enough there is a lot of citations to be issued every time we go on a call hahahah!!
i struggle to see how this got so badly out of hand that trooper im my opinion need so go for a full sych evaluation
I cant find the actual dash video anywhere just little snipits of the family phone vid any one have any links that i can actually see?
Try the HTML link in the top-line post.
All I can say after watching this video is ..... WOW Someone needs a HUG.....
I think they were both wrong the medic never should have come out of the rig #1 and when he did he clearly asalted the officer the officer was being very disrespectfull to the driver in his tone words and body lang. but that does not justifie that actions of the medic he should have his card pulled for leaving his pt & leaving the back of the rig wide open did you see all the people in and out of that thing sure the drug bag was sitting out i am fire and EMS not LE so dont think this is coming from a cop and dont get me wrong I agee that he could have fallowed them tho the ER and handled it there but how did the officer know they had a pt? they werent runnig hot ? i would say when the offcer talked to the driver the diver should have said we have a pt fallow me to the ER and the officer should have done that ther was a lot of wrong actions by all partys but I would not pin it all on the cops some one stated below we save them he thins go bad but in the same respect they cover our a** when we are in a bad situation to it is a two way street the area I run in we have a great relationship with LE and it shows when we work the same scene a little respect from everyone would have gone a long ways
There is no issue of patient abandonment here. The paramedic, as the lead provider on the call, had the responsibility to tell the trooper that there was a patient on board. If the trooper had been less aggressive and listened a little, the situation could have been defused at the scene.

The paramedic momentarily being removed from patient care was due entirely to the trooper's actions, not due to anything that the paramedic did.

How did the medic assault the trooper? The two videos do not back up the trooper's assertions that he was assaulted. Unless he can find another video that shows something that the camera and trooper car videos don't show, the ovewhelming evidence shows that this situation was 100% within the trooper's power to prevent.
He did not tell the trooper there was a pt inside the rig it was only after the fact the trooper found out not saying he was right, but professionals runs a two way street and both failed horrible.. The emt got out of the rig , you tell me that the driver could not have got out of the rig talked to the trooper, told him that there was a pt on board.. hummmmmmmmmmm... I think the whole thing was a lack of pofessionalism all way around.

Besides that in all fairness who flips off a tropper ..Really

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service