I am just curious about the views pertaining to the law that is in effect for firefighters driving the rigs. I have just found out that by law you are supposed to have a CDL to drive the vehicles. The only time it can be driven by someone without that license is when responding to an emergency. I find this law to be very impractical, especially considering the majority of fire departments in this state are volunteer organizations. Can anyone give me any more information on this law and is it adhered to where you are?

Views: 523

Replies to This Discussion

my question is cdl. it saids you can drive an engine or a truck to an emergency if you don't have a CDL license. then after the emergency is over that mean you can't drive back from the scene or you can. I just think anything over 18.000 lbs u should have a cdl especially with air brakes. most of the fire fighters only drive there cars they have no Idea what fanning the brakes mean or no about primary and secondary air tanks are or how they work. or back in the day how to drain them especially in the winter. and I am only talking about class b never mind class A. i have a class A license for 38 year all i can say is i don't think anybody that hasn't drove a truck before especially with weight or water on it shouldn't be behind the wheel. unless they are train or get there license. its like holding a loaded gun and trying to hit the target with out practice.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service