I am writing a preposed bill to bring to the us senate for a nation wide law that would make all 50 state and us territory emergency lighting laws the same and the permit proses the same as well as requirements to purchase them so the bill falls under homeland security. Now I would like your opinion on what I have thought of so far. All police vehicles to run blue or blue/white, all fire and EMS to run red or red/white all volunteers fire and EMS are to be visible 360 degrees and have an audible siren of no less then 100 watts and lights of red or red/white of color. Federal agency are the only ones to run a combination of red/blue. Green will be to signify command or the command center only and most be used on any incident with more then two agency in operations. Purple lights are to be used for funeral and are to be on the first and last car and every five cars in between. Amber maybe rear facing on any emergency vehicles and most be the color of arrow sticks. Amber is the only color to be used by any utility, construction, towing, pilot car/ guide car, plow truck, county or municipal road dept. or state dot agency.all lights holders must have a state issued permit for their specific light and all light dealers must have a federal issued permit and verify that the purchaser has a valid permit.

Views: 6716

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Of all the REAL issues of the Emergency Services, let alone the fire service, this seems silly, frivolous and a huge waste of time that could be better spent on things that will truly improve services.

Things like staffing, updating equipment, training, and aging apparatus fleets.  But to each their own, although I just don't see this getting massive support amongst the troops.

Jeff,

I couldn't agree more on the elimination of warning lights for POV's.  I just see the many cases of volunteers driving too fast and too recklessly because they have those lights.

Im with Tim...keep it local. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

FireRescue Magazine

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2019   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service