What will be your department's response to this fire? (stations and units responding, staffing)

For volunteers, would your staffing change if this fire occurred at night?

What would your size-up report say?

What would be the assignments for additional companies responding?

Views: 801

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

100% Volunteer Response. Small town departments. Initial assignment should bring 2-3 trucks, 4 Engines, 2 Rescues. (Man power issues force large alarm boxes, don't need the apparatus, need the manpower...)

More staffing at night then during daytime, either way we would be going to a 2nd alarm pretty quickly due to the potential here. 

Initial size up to include size of building, construction, Heavy Fire on Division 2, A/B Corner or whatever corner that is. Being day-time I'd also report if evac was complete or not, as it changes everything. I'd request my second alarm and request utilities to the scene. 

Unable to see the total size of the building, there are a few factors I'm thinking here. Id get a ladder up above the building prepared to go defensive if that roof goes, while my engine companies and initial few ladder guys get here we would get our search on and stretch our initial 2". A Initial Truck crew to open the roof above the fire should contain it to that corner well enough if the engine makes the stretch in time. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service