Firefighter Jeopardy, that is. The rules are simple, someone post the answer, then the next person to come along posts the actual answer in the form of a question. That same person who answers in the form of a question is to then post the answer for the next person to come along. Keep it firefighter related, try your hardest not to cheat(i.e. Google, Bing, Ask, you firefighter literature)... I mean, this is an honorable profession, right?

Photobucket

We'll start out simple.

"I'll take Fire Science for $100, Alex."

Answer; Oxygen, heat and fuel.

Views: 3868

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What are the three legs of the Fire Triangle?
Correct, now you come up with an answer for the next person to come along and answer in the form of a question.
Cool!

Okay, Fire Science for $200.

This process is the chemical decomposition of organic substances by heating.
what is pyrolosis
OK, Next one is Size-Up for $100.

Answer - Hot zone, Warm Zone, Cold Zone
What are hazardous material and wmd work zones as specified by IC, with hot being the most dangerous/hazardous, and cold being the safest?

Side note, also, anyone who posts doesn't have to follow the categories I made up in the picture, just thought it would be helpful to get us started.

Answer; 175 gpm at roughly 100 psi.
What is 100 feet of 1 3/4" hose with a 1" smooth bore nozzle on the end?

Answer - IDLH is 1200ppm.
ennnnnnnh!

Smooth bores are pumped at 50 PSI.

Engine ops for $200...

20 PSI residual.
That is not true. The nozzle pressure is 50psi. The pump pressure is still nozzle pressure+friction loss +/- elevation.
You are correct.. I had a moment of cranial flatulence. Smooth bore is 50 PISI at the nozzle. The judges have added the cash value to your score!
What is the "natural" or normal flow pressure from a hydrant?

Search and Rescue for $300 Alex.

Answer; A long piece of rope with a figure 8 on a loop knot every "x" amount of feet, as determined by the specific department, in which a firefighter can hook in with a shorter rope.
what is a search rope.

ventilation for $200
the proper side of an axe to use to vent. a roof

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service