Here in my dept. in Corinth, Ny We are allowed to do anything but go in the building untill were 18. We can run blue lights and all. We get full turn out gear, brush fire gear. And we can ride the first truck out depending on manpower and the call type.
Just out of curioity what can the rest of you do? Restrictions? (fyi im 16)

Views: 101

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Kid I got 1 really good piece of advice for you

Think about what you post on the internet such as

TOPLESS PICTURES
pictures that make you look like a punk kid
Good for you. Try not to get yourself or others hurt, or worse. Now, learn to use the search function in the very upper right hand corner of every page on this site. At least you have a grasp on the English language and use punctuation.
Hi Ben, If you take the time to check out a lot of the posts in regard to juniors and explorers you might take note that the folks on this site who are firefighters are getting a little tired of nonsensical posts from the younger members of FFN. In your case, you appear to be well versed in how to put your thoughts down and communicate things. All good things for you as a prospective full time firefighter someday.

However, with that being said, and considering that you want to fit in here, you have to seriously reconsider the pictures of yourself posing in the bathroom... If anything screams that you are a 16 year old, this type of immature posting tells us your age without you having to put (fyi im 16), we know.

So if you are truly intending on playing on the FFN, you might reconsider the types of things that you post and attempt to at least appear to be mature enough to be here. What is scary is the fact that your department gives you PPE and the ability to drive Code 3 in a private vehicle with blue lights? And you are 16? I find this very hard to believe that any jurisdiction or agency would allow this. There has to be more to the story here. While I appreciate your candor and questions, and the fact that you used the Junior & Explorer section, which is in your favor, the fact that you posted such ridiculous photos makes me wonder if you are mature enough to be involved in this gig right now.

Please consider that I do have a west coast mentality, much different than the east coast. You just don't see 16 year olds driving Code 3 to calls here. Maybe I'm missing something here? I sure hope so.

CBz
captain busy said this way better than I did so just read his and disregard the top one
We are allowed to do anything but go in the building untill were 18. We can run blue lights and all. We get full turn out gear, brush fire gear. And we can ride the first truck out depending on manpower and the call type.

****bangs head against wall****

WHY?

May I highly suggest you check out some of the other discussions about juniors and explorers, especially the:
http://www.firefighternation.com/forum/topics/riddle-me-this-batman and
http://www.firefighternation.com/forum/topics/juniorsonly-section
threads.

And this one where a couple explorers were injured and some of the reasoning for the above topics.http://www.firefighternation.com/forum/topics/wisconsin-firefighter...

I know this is stuff you are (unfortunately) allowed to do, but what is contained in these threads should (hopefully) make you think twice.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service