Where are you from, how long have you been in the fire service, what made you join?
Me?
I'm from Voorheesville, NY, I just had my one year anniversary with my FD, and I joined not just for the adrenaline rush, although that's part of it; I joined because I work for a firematic association, and I got tired of feeling guilty for not joining.

Wish I'd done this YEARS ago, I love it.

Views: 1003

Replies to This Discussion

Hi there. My name is Greg. I am from Port McNicoll Ontario, Canada. I belong to a small Volunteer Fire Department. Our township has 4 halls and 70 ish firefighters. I am on station #4. We had 68 calls last year. I am coming up to my 1 yr anniversary and loving every minute of it. Much like Mary Ellen, I wish I had done this years ago. Glad to be here part of the Nation.
Hello everyone, I'm Ralph from the Applegate Fire Dept. in Applegate Michigan...Been on for about 18 months and going through FF1-FF2 and Hazmat. I finish classes in May...and it can't come fast enough. We are small Department...20 of us.
I'm from Bozeman, Montana. I have been in school for a Fire & Rescue Degree for about 8 months now. I'm a paid EMT and just recently got on with a volunteer crew. I joined the fire service not only because I want to help people during their worst time but also because when I think about fighting fire it feels right. It's hard to explain.
Hi guys and gals. Im new to FNN and looking for some other Probie chit chat. Let me know about your experience as the FNG!
Hey everyone, I'm AJ. I have been involved 10 mos now and love it. I just got my basic certification, although still have so much more to learn. I have wanted to see what it was all about for a while, then a friend pumped me up to join. I really enjoy being there for those who need help. Take care all.
Awsome words of wisdom! Thanks for joining!
Hi there! I grew up in the big city... but finally moved out to "cottage country". This is my first few MONTHS with the volunteer fire department and I am learning so much... it's awsome! Te more I learn, the more I don't know.

I have seven years of EMS experience and over 15 years of L.E. experience... finally trying the F.D., wish I had been able to do it sooner!

Joined the same dept as my wife... makes it a little extra fun (believe it or not)!
hello everyone!
I am Brittany. I am with Leser Volunteer Fire Department in Lester,WV. I have been in the fire service for approximately 2 1/2 years.. I still consider myself a probie because I haven't reached my goals! I have influenced many of my friends to join in on the Fire Industry and we have approximately 20-25 fire fighters at our school now.. it is one of the best things i have done in my 17 years on this earth! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!
hi im ranni im from beaudesert,queensland australia...i joind my local auxilliary station..as i wanted to give back to the community especially after ash wednesday an black saturday....and i like to say to you all...job well done..its not easy being a proby...but at least u know u have other fireys watching ur back
hey, I'm Tyson and I am part of station 75 of Lynden Washington. I am the first in the family to join. Come from a family of mechanics and it's time for a change. I really want to make a difference and what better way than a firefighter. I just got out of academy a few months ago but have been with the dept. for about a year.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service