ATTENTION PLEASE POST — DO NOT APPLY REQUEST FROM REDLANDS FIREFIGHTERS
Internal Candidates Again Being Passed Over in Captain's Test

Redlands Professional Firefighters Local 1354 has forwarded the following message, urging CPF members not to apply for a captain’s position being offered in Redlands in solidarity with Redlands firefighters:
For the second time in less than two years, the City of Redlands has opened up a promotional process for Captain to the outside. This is done without the approval or involvement of the local, and is being pushed by city staff and internal management.
The Redlands Fire Department has more than enough highly qualified internal candidates for the available positions. Why does this happen?
We are asking you to help us in getting the word out to our affiliated brothers and sisters. Please distribute this message to your members and forward for posting on local union bulletin boards:
Please DO NOT APPLY and DO NOT take the City of Redlands test for Captain.
If you have any questions, please contact Local 1354 Secretary David Danmen at danmend66@yahoo.com.
Fraternally,
Redlands Professional Firefighters Local 1354 !!!

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Perhaps they are seeking to change the dynamics of the FD - when you bring in even one person to a department the relational and skill dynamics change - when you bring in an officer - the change can be even more profound.

Perhaps the question to include in your search is - why would they be wanting to change the systemic running of the department and the inter-relational dynamics.

Also, perhaps they are looking to add additional skill sets to their leadership - such as hazmat skills, or fire investigator skills or some other skill set that they have in their underlying search criteria.

Also, new guys to a department are more controllable.
I've never understood why the international DOESN'T encourage external promotions. You can demand a higher wage if you can shop your skills around. Just look at Paramedics. Or Free Agents.
I'm wondering what an "Interanl" candidate is. I sincerely hope that word isn't missing an "a".

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service