What made you want to be a firefighter or medic? For me I grew up around it. My father did it for 23 yrs. He was the only one in his family. On my mom's side I had 3 uncles, 1 cousin, and my grandfather. I guess it was pretty much set in stone that my brother and I were going to be firefighters....

Views: 446

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i got intrested pretty young 2nd or 3rd grade when the fire depts. would come to the schools. I used to love when we got to put on the turnout gear and look in the trucks. i absolutely fell in love with it. then i turned 15 and realized the dept. i live right above that i can see from my house has a junior program so i decided to join and its what i plan to do for my career.
I grew up down the street from a fire house. As a little kid I was amazed every time I saw the fire trucks go by my house going to a call, as soon as I heard that siren my little nose was pushed against the glass waiting for them to drive by. Then one day my parents took me to the station open house and I got to sit in the drivers seat and they let me turn the lights and siren on, I was the happiest kid in the world. I grew up and learned a different job, but a few years ago I went with a buddy of mine to his fire station and it brought me back to when I was a little kid, as I was helping him wash the trucks and test the fire hoses the alarm went off, all of a sudden cars and trucks pulled up to the station like it was a race. My buddy asked me if I wanted to come with, that was a dumb question! When we got on scene I stood next to the fire chief and watched the crew work to put out the house fire, I was so excited my heart was racing and all I was doing was watching. The very next week I was signed up and was training to be a firefighter. Now I'm currently finishing my EMT-basic certification to go along with fighting fires, just another way to help out my community. I don't know how I went so long without being a firefighter, I love it so much!

Stay safe out there!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

FireRescue Magazine

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2019   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service