Hey guys! I am new here and not actually a firefighter but a very devoted firefighter girlfriend. I've been with my FF/Paramedic for three years now and it's probably no suprise to you (or your S.O) that it's not always the easiest of jobs. Spending every third night alone, worrying about him being able to sleep though the night or get called into a horrific fire, wondering if people will indeed pull over the the speeding ambulance with flashing lights...

I just wanted to thank you all for what you do. While, like I said, it's not always easy to be in love with a firefighter, I do always have a great sense of pride. I love the guys at the station *almost* as much as I love my very own FF. I know they would never let anything happen to my love without doing everything in God's power to stop it. I am sure you all feel the same for your brothers at your firehouse.

Does anyone know of a website dedicated the the women (and some men) who stand proudly behind their FF's everyday? It would be great to be able to share stories and possibly insight into making things a bit easier on the spouses.

Thank you all once again. What you do is nothing short of heroic! Your communities should be thanking their lucky stars to have you!

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes ffn and behind every firefighter is a strong woman Thank You
there are some men who stand behind there woman firefighter too. :)
Welcome Aboard
Welcome to FFN and stay safe out there.
First,I say welcome to you. I am a FF at one station and my bf runs with a different staion. When he is on a call I will most likely always worry about him,as he does for me. Sorry but I don't really have any advice other than keep the faith and pray. It's worked for me so far.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service