I own a cairns 880, and in full gear, when i look up, the brim hits the scba tank, limiting my movement.

Is there anything i can do to fix that? Can you bend a composite? I was just curious
because its pretty annoying.

Views: 2068

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your carrying your SCBA too high. I am a short torso and I used to have the same problem. Don't crank down on your shoulder straps so hard.
Sounds silly but are you wearing your SCBA too high? What brand are you using?
It is supposed to be lower, common mistake some make is not allowing your hips to hold some of the weight of the airpack. My should straps are fairly loose and my waist strap is snug. Thus lowering the airpack on your torso
Don't look up?
We use drager.

If i dont crank down the straps it kinda hangin there will do a number on your shoulders.
I've had this problem myself a few times, you will have to lower it but not so low it wears out your shoulders, but low enough it gives your head more movement... you will more than likely never get full head movement but this will increase it some...
Get a better SCBA
Haha, I'll let you call my chief and tell him that lol
Well I could have said grow...

Some of the new packs are designed ergonomically to wear lower on your pelvis.
Hi, we also use dragger, and we don´t have that type of problems, carbon cylinders. See the straps of back rest.
Fasten your waist belt, tight. Let your hips carry the weight. Then just snug the shoulders, try it next time.
Exactly! The newer SCBA and Sott packs are designed to sit the weight on your hips and not your shoulders. Therefore, your back does not get tired out and not back aches. Tighten your waist and then loosen up the shoulder straps...but not to loose they fall off your shoulder.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service