Honestly guys its obvious that most all departments are different, while we are at it why dont we give explorers pinkradios, purple lights for pov's, and check them out of school to argue if paid or vollys are better. Ok sorry guys now I feel better. feel free to vent as well.

Views: 340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WOW, I take it your an explorer, why's the sky blue? why do they even make different colors? It's called the chain of command. If I was chief I'd give my explorer's a turnout gear, a notebook and a pen, and a camera to take pictures, theres a lot to learn then just playing with fire.
Actually I am a captain and training officer, it just seems like people keep arguing over unimportant topics, oh yeah I've also been up for about 36 hours. This is not meant as a personal attack on anyone just blowing off steam, it been a strange night around here.
TJ hit this one right on the money. Why would Explorers have lights on their POV anyway? If any of mine did i would be the 1st to make them pull them off. That is nothing but another accident waiting to happen. They do not have enough experience driving to run code ANYWHERE. As for the pink radios, hummmm not a bad idea, i may have to see if i can get those. As for checking the out of school. I suggest they go longer and on weekends to school. But when they do make a scene then getting tools and gear out for the Team and taking notes is the best idea.
I agree, take what you get and be happy about it. If you don't like it then other departments may be looking for people
Kenny? I understood what you wrote.
Chain of command, who should be going in and who shouldn't.
I know all of our rookies get and old helmet and we put Blue T's all around the helmet. Plus they get black turn out gear while the rest of us have tan. I don't know why this guy is stressing out so much. I'd hate to see him in a fire.
Glad you feel better. I get what you are saying, but the great thing about this site. Yeah some people get pretty heated over stupid stuff (paid versus vollie), but the discussions about how different we are good in my opinion. I have a couple of reasons for saying this. One I'm a nerd I like learning how other fire departments across the world do the job. Second if I see an idea on here that I think is a good one I'll try to learn about it and take it bake to my department. I do think the personal attacks are a bit childish, I think arguing over who is the better firemen is stupid. I also think that the discussion on firefighters with lights in their POV is a good one, most people have good points for and against it. While some people need to learn how to calm down, take time to read what they write so they don't offend anyone. Like I said I'm not trying to make you mad, just typing my humble opinion. Stay safe
Well Kenny, two of us readers have understood what you wrote. I think most readers have just seen the words and jumped in feet first. Have another look all - pink radios? Purple lights? Instead of taking things at face value, look up the word facetious in a dictionary.
I'm still thinking about the Pink Radio thing for the explorers at my station. I think i would be a good laugh and i can tell when they grab mine instead..:)
Agreed.

I know when I was a JR at a Fire, I had to hang around with all the chiefs to help.

I felt foolish in a metro helmet, and a Trench coat style jacket that both came over on the mayflower.

THANK GOD I didnt have to wear a goofy lookin blue helmet or something that said JR on it.
alright as a jr. i wear a black helmet like all the rest of the guys on my dept. but they are thinking about changing the jr. helmets to yellow, and i think its a good idea because like above its the chain of command and in my state(maine) no jr. can run lights in there pov's. because of not having enugh driving time.and if i got a pink raido the first thing i would do is go buy my own. and do they even make purple lights? its kinda foolish and kidish if you cant handle the bs at the station its how we cool down and vent a little bit after a hard call or just a bad day , but you get over it and hop on the next truck and do your job as your told to do it

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service