Honestly guys its obvious that most all departments are different, while we are at it why dont we give explorers pinkradios, purple lights for pov's, and check them out of school to argue if paid or vollys are better. Ok sorry guys now I feel better. feel free to vent as well.

Views: 340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will be taking over as chief in my department at the first of the year and was standing in the garage listening to the fire fighters talk and realised that the out going chief has left me with a big cluster @!#$.

I will be inheriting a bunch of young kids that still act like they are in grade school.
They keep talking about this one is talking about this one and this one is breaking up with this one I am about to go in the office and bang my head off the desk.

I mean come on they are between the ages of 16 and 23 I think it is time they grow up and start acting like adults instead of these baby games! there I vented.
Good luck with your changing of the guard. My station had a similar situation 2 years ago and since then there has been all new officers and the ones before left it a mess. Surround yourself with the right people and show them ( the childish ones) that you mean business right from the start. Sure you might lose one or two of them but the ones that stay are the ones you can make into team players.
Sometimes a change in leadership is what it takes for people to step up to the plate and move towards being a leader themselves.
Good Luck! Be Safe!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service