many of us still have the doubts of which helment give us more protection, then I put the question to you ...

which helment give us more protection?

around the world there are several types of helmets, I give you the example of France, U.S., Portugal, where all are differents.

U.S. is used in the Bullard, in France is used the Gallet, and Portugal have these 2 types ... the question is: which helment give us more protection? ...

Views: 280

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes but my not be coated in leather ... then I do not have cause for complaint it
In some respects I agree with you, but if we are not discussing such matters who will do for us?

each of us has formed an idea about it, and although a helmet on head today, why not have a better helmet tomorrow?
most used my ass!..... more departments and more people have cairns.... by the way bullard does not make the best helmet.... they dont make leather
i hate 2 say cause its the ugliest helmet in the world but the metro helmets are probably the safest even though i were a ten ten lol
THE BEST HELMET is very simple.....its the one thay you WEAR....No matter the type if you don't have it on your head then it isn't worth crap.....period.....I have a Cairn's and like it a lot...leather is nice but you are talking some serious $$$$$.....Paul
leather forever baby!
It does not matter which type or manufacture of helment you use as long as you have it strapped on properly. Many time i have seen guys go in with theirs just on top of their head with the size adjuster tightened down and the chin strap flapping in the wind. It does not take much for one to get knocked loose or off the head. Tighten them up and strap the on and you can do just about any job on the fireground.
"more departments and more people have cairns" - are you certain? You have the figures to support this statement? In Europe the North American traditional helmets would be very rare. And they don't exist in my area. So his comment is valid for his area - as yours may well be for your area.

English is Hugo's second language, so he deserves more leeway than those of us who have always spoken it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service