Sure can tell its the holidays. The elderly people that live alone and are lonely will call 911 for anything. Had a call 40 minutes into my shift for an unknown medical with Lifeline activation. Arrived to find a frequent flier needing assistance with her Hoveround scooter.

Views: 205

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The funny thing is I've never had one on Christmas day since I've been on.BUT now that I've read this post and replied to it I'll probably open a flood gate some where.Stupid me!!!
Christmas morning
0900: "Resond for alarm bells ringing."
0902: "Change call to 'Structure Fire' - smoke coming from oven"
0906: "Stand down - turkey in oven"
Had a similar call a few years backon thanksgiving. Was another unknown medical with Lifeline activation. She was unable to pick up the roaster with the turkey in it. She needed us to put it in the oven for her. No we did not have to take it out, her family arrived and assisted with that.
I was thinking the same thing. 30 years and never a Christmas Day call....Now New Years Eve different story
So far, just 2 seizures and a chest pain. But the day's not over, and rain, followed by rain/snow mix, is coming this evening. I hope it's a better day than yesterday.
Yesterday was my busy day. 5-7inches snow. 1 drug overdose, 1 diabetic, 1 sick and care, and a MVA with 2 patients. Then home to shovel snow. Ugh!
just a mutual aid for sparking outlet, was cancelled, then a yard fire got out of control an was heading to a barn, mutual aid on that one, hopped on first engine out but couldn't get to it only brush trucks. Wound up staging at station of mutual aid dept just in case another call came out in there district
Nothing on Christmas Day in years and don't recall anything remarkable. We had a tragedy two days before. The effect lasted through Christmas...I'll remember that one for a while.
What WERE you thinking! LOL!! Hopefully, your record remained intact!
Sorry Norm ... we did that with a tornado a few years back. Not something we forget; and we just pray it never happens again.
Norm,
We had a similar situation back in 99. In the county its still known as the "Day from Hell" 11 yrs later.
It was a head-on MVC with one fatality. Sadly, the deceased was a 16-year-old kid driving his brand new car. I feel sad for the family. No PTSD or anything like that, just sympathetic. My family and I had the best Christmas ever! Hope you guys did as well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service