What do you recommend for a winter coat when you are on duty? I would like to buy a 5.11 jacket but I only want to spend around $50.00. Is there any other brands that are cheaper?

Views: 440

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Im only going to say this.....you get what you pay for. How warm you want to stay ??? How dry you want to stay ???  I have a 3 in 1 coat that I absolutly love, its waterproof, windbreaker, and very warm....BUT, it did cost around $180.00. It gets down to 30-40 below up here in northern Wi without the windchill. If 50 bucks is your limit, your probably going to be cold.

I have to agree with Bull, you get what you pay for.  To even find a decent 5.11 jacket for $50 will be difficult anyway.  My Department issues the 5.11 three in one hi viz parka, its spendy, but in Minnesota we need it.

The 5.11 Tactical High-Vis Responder Parka is a 3- in-1 system jacket consisting of a waterproof/windproof, breathable outer shell and zip-out fleece liner. It is ANSI certified for high visibility and the material/seam construction is in accordance with ASTM F 1671 standards for resistance to blood-borne pathogens.

Attachments:

Last year our dept. rescue squad bought all EMTs and EMRs a coat with some high vis reflective bands they cost about $150 a piece but they are warm and pretty darn sweet. I'm not sure what brand they are but they are made specifically for First Responders of all kinds.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

FireRescue Magazine

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2020   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service