you can post some of your favorite fire fighter or fire related quotes here, mine is

"I am just another fireman because the story focuses on Joaquin Phoenix's character, but I play Joaquin's close friend and I get burned up a little bit, but I don't die.
Morris Chestnut"

if you could supply the author it would be greatly apreciated

EDIT:-10.17.08- non fire fighter quotes are also excepted,
EDIT:11/26/08 dont forget to add me

Views: 12102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

we had a control burn last summer that anytime a good wind would pick up and push the column over the mountain we'd get 50 calls that day. we even had one of our own call it in on her day off.
difference between us and a 5 yr old; they drive the fire truck on their knees, some idoit at the DMV gave us drivers liscences
in the forest service we have the squirl channel that dispatch doesnt follow where "wennie" comments are made
hahahaha. too true
Well a instuctor told me once, "You know it's bad when no one can finish out a cuss word".
Firefighter Law...... Anything that can go wrong ,will go wrong....and at the worst possible time.
Revenge is sweet but ambush is a mother fuc$%#
Probie: "How do we know if the floor will be on fire when we get up there?"

Kurt Russel: "Well, when the elevator doors open, if it's hot, DON'T GET OUT!"

Backdraft!!
so many good quotes from that movie
"Our department runs 250 plus calls a year. Do you know how many of the calls the public expects perfection on? Everyone of them. Nobody calls the fire department and says, 'Send me two dumb-ass firemen in a pickup truck.' In three minutes they want five brain-surgeon decathlon champions to come and solve all their problems."

Chief Chris Holmes - Pine Twp Engine Co.
This one is about soldiers but applies to the Fire Service also:
"No great dependence is to be placed in the eagerness of young soldiers for battle, for the prospect of fighting is agreeable to those that are strangers to it."--Vegetius
Hi again from he UK, we use one from saving private ryan and its added to a we bit..........

FUBAR you will be familiar with but we add BUNDY to it, which is But Unfortunately Not Dead Yet...

So when they are on their last legs they are FUBARBUNDY

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service