Firefighter Nation Member Justin Dunn of Bland, Virginia Dies in Car Accident It is

Firefighter Nation member Justin Dunn, a volunteer firefighter from Bland County, Virgina, was killed in a single vehicle accident early Sunday morning.

Dunn's Chevy Silverado truck left the road and struck two trees, state police said. He was pronounced dead on the scene. Reports indicate it was an off-duty death.

Justin Dunn, pictured right, in his profile photo on Firefighter Nation.
Dunn, whose father was Chief of the Bland County Volunteer Fire Department, had been a firefighter for five years. According to his profile on Firefighter Nation, he was also a member of the Bland County Rescue Squad for the last three years.

Virginia State Police said the accident occurred in the rural Southwestern Virginia community at about 2:15 a.m. Dunn, 21, was the lone occupant of the vehicle, which crashed on Route 615 eastbound near Route 646 in Bland.

"[I] joined the fire department at the age of 16. My dad was chief of the fire department for many years prior to me joining," Dunn wrote in his FirefighterNation.com profile, where other members are now beginning to post condolence messages.

Dunn listed his day job as a Sheet Metal Fabricator.

"Justin Dunn was a great firefighter and rescue squad worker," a local firefighter and FFN member wrote relaying news of the accident. "He was always ready to respond at a moments notice. Please pray for his family and our fire departments."

FirefighterNation.com will post more details as they become available.

Related

Views: 1039

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Always a shame to lose our youth to a senseless accident . But one that with an obvious kind nature willing to be a part of the VFD and rescue squad , helping others and then to be spending that time with his father as well . We should all be so bless to see our children grow up that way. My sincere sympathy goes out to his entire family. Just realize that your son was a fine man, courageous and kind of heart. I know that because he had to have been given how he chose to live his much too shortened life. Think not of what you loss but of what you had.
Rest in Peace my Friend
Sad, very sad.
My thoughts and prayers to the Dunn family. As well as the Fire dept.

FF/EMT ... Joe Brown
My deepest condolences to both the family as well as both emergency services that Justin belonged to. A major blow to that community I'm sure.
All my sympathy to the family and fire dept. R.I.P my friend!!
my thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends
I would like to send my sympathy to the Dunn family..and the Bland County Fire dept..May you all find peace by sharing your memories of such a young man..R.I.P.Justin...
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends.
Man...I hate getting this type of news. And taken away so young from following in his father's footsteps and a long career of helping others. Rest in peace! With thoughts and prayers for the family, friends and his fellow Fire & Rescue service members. Now comes the tough part of carring on in Justin's memory. Try and keep that thought up front.

Best of luck to all!

Terry Smith
RIP my freind. My prayers are with your family and department.
A tragic loss indeed, our thoughts and prayers go out to his family, his department and his community.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service