Is there or has there ever been a FD theme restaurant in your area? I can remember in Ocean City, MD a fire dept  theme grill and bar which had the back end of a ambulance for the front door, firefighter video game, anything related to the fire service through out the place. They even had patches from different fire depts around the state and other places.  The next year when I went back the place was gone and a parking lot took its place.

One major fast food franchise thats moving around the country is Firehouse Subs. I have found one of the stores in Fairfax County, VA near a movie theater. I looked inside and the place has the FD items on the wall and the company was started by firefighters.

This company is looking for franchises in more areas of the country.

Views: 4861

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There's supposed to be one in Chicago (20 miles to the west of me). It's in an old firehouse. I'll have to look it up , it's one of those places I want to go to but need to find the time!
The Firehouse Restaurant, located in an old firehouse at 627 West Walnut Street in Johnson City, Tennessee.

All of the food is good-to-awesome, but don't leave without sampling the Apple Pan Dowdy dessert.
It is the best part of the menu.

The restaurant is obviously an old firehouse and is full of firematic decor.
Firehouse Cafe on US 377 East in Granbury, Texas, has fire memorabilia everywhere and fire-themed items on the menu. I'm told the owner is a retired firefighter.
Now, if we could just move it to the middle of the State, that would help!! Sounds great ... have to give it a go next time we aim for the Carolinas.
When I lived in Greenville, SC, we used to make the two-hour+ drive to J.C. just to eat dinner there and watch the scenery on the way, then drive back and spend the night in Asheville.

It's a really nice trip, especially in October when the fall colors are maxed out.
Halligans in West Ashley, Charleston, SC

Firehouse Grill at 750 Chicago Avenue, Evanston, IL

Hose 22 Firehouse Grill 56 Stutson St in Charlotte, NY (Rochester)

Engine Co. 28 - 644 S. Figueroa Street in downtown Los Angeles
I know there is a Firehouse sub & sandwich shop in downtown Knoxville TN. I also know they are a national chain I've not been there yet but I really want to go! I haven't heard of the place you mention Ben but I live pretty close to Johnson City Tn I'll have to take my girl and hop on down there sometime.
Not exactly a Restaurant, but in Wildwood, NJ there is the Firehouse Tavern. The walls are coverd in License Plates, News clippings, and anything else that can be fastened down. Hanging from nearly every rafter are used helmets from across the state. Behind the bar is the Silver Bell. It is rung for LODDs and re-rung during the State Convention for any lost from the previous year in state.
I've been to the Firehouse Subs in Fair Oaks, the one you're talking about, many a times. They give you a free combo if you're with the fire department, it might be the same throughout the country.
Two here in CT that I am aware of:
http://firehouse-steakhouse.com/ Firehouse Steakhouse and Halligan Taproom
http://www.hook-ladder.com/ Right next to the South Green Fire House.
Sadly, for me, it is about a four hour trip! Sounds like a nice way to spend an evening - nice drive in the mountains, good food, then Asheville!

I do love Autumn in the Smoky Mountains!!
Up here in western WI, we have a Firehouse Restaurant and Lounge that was started by one of our captains. He has put his collection of everything in the fire service in and around this place. He even has a custom fire hydrant beer tapper!! It is truly a very nice place to come and eat, have some drinks, and most likely someone will be in their from a fire dept in the area. There is either someone cooking at the grill that you can just talk to because the grill is open to the customers veiwing. Or there is someone eating from either our dept or a nearby dept, or there is a chance that there will be one sitting at the bar. Who knows? If you are ever in southwest WI, stop by. Chad will even trade a patcha or two with ya! He is on facebook, but I dont know a thing about facebook, so all I know is that he is on there.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service