I have been chosen to teach fire safety at our local County Elementary schools. Does anyone have a specific guided course that they use to teach this. If you do please let me know, thanks!!!

Views: 193

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The home safety council has some great free resouces (dvd's and materials). In Virginia, the department of fire programs has a lot of good material (vafire.com) that can be printed off. Disney educational also has some awesome fire safety dvd's to purchase. We have purchased two that feature Timon and Pumba. The young kids are a captive audience to these movies and they are really good. We don't have much to spend on pub ed, but you can be creative. This year we made a fire safety jeopardy game for the 3-5 grades that they played against their teachers and that went over very well. The younger ones we try to stick to the basics , stop drop and roll and EDITH. Just be sure to keep it on their level and have fun doing it. I know that teaching fire safety in the schools is one of the highlights of pub ed for me.
thank you, imma try and look at that sight and see what i can find that i can put into my sylabus, thanks so much!!! Be safe

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service