Our county sets off everyone's tones in alphabetical order every day at 19:00 hrs. My old county was at 18:00. My brother-in-law is on a vol. EMS service and theirs is at 21:00. Just wondered who else does this?

Views: 673

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am a Dispatcher full time for one County and a Firefighter for another. in the county that I dispatch, we set tones off nightly at 1730 hrs. In the county that I am a firefighter, they tone only once a week at 1900 hrs on Wednesday
When we set off nightly tones we do admin anouncments. One the weekly test there is no anouncments.
The Morse code is just that and it is the frequency identifier for the FCC.
Cattaraugus County, New York does theirs at 1800 Monday through Friday. However it's a little difficult to explain simply. Here's what they do. Our County is split up into 6 Districts, others call them Battalions, and they set off one District each night.

For example:
Monday: District 1: Conewango Fire, Dayton Fire, Gowanda Fire, Gowanda EMS, Leon Fire, Perrysburg Fire,
South Dayton Fire, Dist. 1 Coordinator, and Versailles Fire.
Tuesday: District 2: Delevan Fire, Farmersville Fire, Franklinville Fire, Ischua Fire, Machias Fire, and Yorkshire
Fire, Dist. 2 Coordinator, and CATTFIT (County Fire Investigators).
Wednesday: District 3: Cattaraugus Fire, Cattaraugus Ambulance, Cold Spring Fire, East Randolph Fire, Kill
Buck Fire, Little Valley Fire, Seneca Nation Fire, Salamanca City Fire, Randolph Fire,
Dist. 3 Coordinator, and County HazMat.
Thursday: District 4: Allegany Fire, Limestone Fire, Olean City Fire, Olean Town Fire, Portville Fire, Hinsdale
Fire, Knapp Creek Fire, Westons Mills Fire, and Dist. 4 Coordinator.
Friday: District 5: East Otto Fire, Otto Fire, Ellicottville Fire, Great Valley Fire, West Valley Fire, Humphrey Fire,
Mansfield, Dist. 5 Coordinator and Dist. 6 Coordinator Pagers.

What they also do is, with each District they list what apparatus is out of service. I think this is helpful in knowing what is or isn't available in case something does come up and we need them.
Every evening at 1800 hrs for the "all-call" tone. Sunday evening, every station tone is tested (14 of them) plus the "all-call".
We do not get a daily pager test specifically. However because of the amount of calls we dont need one either. If my pager wasnt working I would know about it fairly quickly. We are supposed to have one once a month however we dont make an issue as we know they are working.
no we do not occasionaly they will be tested especally when they are working on the system
Jackson County 911 (SORC-Southern Oregon Regional Communications) does "tone test" at 0800 and 1800 hrs daily, morning tones usually also are followed by Dept of Environmental Quality burning information for the day and the trauma hospital of the day. Every monday morning SORC does a test of the "Abandonment and withdrawl tone."

This is all delayed or cancelled for alarms.
Yeah they do a test tone for are ems side but not for fire. They do it at 0900 every morning :@{ wake's me up everytime and i work night's . But it's all good atleast we know they work.

Donnie
Every Monday and Thursday we test and we tone out on our Tuesday trainings

Reply to Discussion

RSS

FireRescue Magazine

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2019   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service