After watching a video with Chief Lasky speaking about "Pride and Ownership,"  I decided it would be great idea to create an appreciation event (NOT as a fundraiser, but as a thank you for the citizen's support all these years at our fundraiser events). 

Anyone have any suggestions/ advice about appreciation events that they have done in the past??

With the event, I am also trying to create a meet-and-greet between our department and the citizens.  It would give us a chance to answer questions and have hands-on demos. 

Again any advice or even if you could tell me about your event....

I am somewhat at a stand-still and I know if it is not successful the first year that it will not be held in the future!!

Thanks!!

Amanda   

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Amanda,

Our FD occasionally held an appreciation dinner for businesses and individuals who either donated their time and/or money to our Fire Department. We also invited our mutual aid companies. This provided the opportunity to become closer to our neighboring departments as well as to the local businesses.

To reach the larger group of citizens, how about an "open house?" We held ours near Fire Prevention Week to add to the educational aspect of the event. We were able to educate as well as Thank our citizens.

Let me know how it all turns out.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service